Insulated construction gloves are essential for blue-collar employees working on a construction site or in a power plant. Insulated gloves, also known as electrical gloves protect the hands from an electrical shock or a burn and injuries while working near or with electrical equipment. Live wire, uninsulated cables, transformers and other heavy electrical machines can cause some serious accidents if proper precautions are not taken. A worker involved in this kind of job must wear insulated work gloves.
What Are Insulated Construction Gloves Made Of?
Insulated construction gloves are of two types. Type I gloves are made of natural rubber. They do not exhibit ozone resistance. The ozone resistance of gloves is their ability to withstand exposure to ozone. In industrial sites, a lot of gases are emitted during construction work. That’s why ozone resistance becomes important. Type II gloves are synthetic rubber materials that provide ozone resistance. Other than classifying based on their materials, the gloves can also be divided into categories based on other criteria.
- Voltage Rating: In this type of classification the insulated construction gloves are categorised based on the maximum amount of voltage rating they can withstand. Class 00 is considered the lowest and Class 4 the highest.
- Cuff Style: Gloves can be designed with numerous cuff styles that increase the style appeal and the utilities. Some of the popular cuff styles in insulated construction gloves are:
- Safety Cuff: This type of cuff is very comfortable. It has an open cuff that allows ventilation and helps in the easy removal of the gloves. Safety cuffs are a great option if you need protection around your wrists.
- Band Top Cuff: They feature a soft open cuff that provides a cushion-like feeling around the wrists and allows ventilation and quick removal.
- Slip-on cuff: These have no seam between the glove body and the cuff. This makes it easy to put them on and take them off.
- Knit wrist Cuff: This type of cuff prevents the gloves from slipping and falling off. The fitting of the gloves around your wrists is firm and it helps to keep the dirt and specks of dust of an industrial site out.
- Gauntlet Cuff: The Gauntlet cuff provides an extra layer of protection to the wrists and forearms.
- Glove colour: Insulated construction gloves are available in multiple colours and innovative styles. An individual can choose their colour according to their preferences.
Advantages Of Using Nitrile Gloves For Your Work
Nitrile rubber is a synthetic form of rubber. This type of rubber material is made with chemicals called acrylonitrile and butadiene. Along with insulation from electrical equipment and wires, industrial gloves are also necessary for other industries. They are needed to provide insulation from harmful chemicals and gaseous emissions too. Nitrile gloves are an excellent choice for chemical processing units. Nitrile as a material is resistant to most harmful chemicals. Also, the high elastic limit of the rubber material makes the insulated construction gloves made of nitrile puncture resistant. The material is sturdy and flexible so you can effectively use your hands at work wearing nitrile gloves.
A pair of 6mil black nitrile gloves provide aesthetic appeal along with the protective barrier. They provide a resistive layer from many specialty chemicals along with the common ones. Their materials allow it to be corrosion free. There is minimum wear and tear in rough usage also. Let’s see the advantages of using nitrile gloves:
- The high elastic limit of nitrile as a material helps the gloves to be free from abrasions, cuts, and nags. They are flexible to wear and they don’t get punctured easily.
- Industries like Oil and Petroleum manufacturing, Electronic plan components manufacturing, Battery manufacturer, and others involve working with a lot of harmful chemical and gaseous emissions. Nitrile gloves are the best solution to protect the workers’ hands from such corrosive chemicals.
- Many people are allergic to latex. As a result, they cannot wear gloves made of natural rubber. Nitrile gloves provide them with an excellent substitute.
- A pair of 6 Mil Black Nitrile Gloves has a classy appearance. The gloves bring a feeling of authority and respect. The owner of this pair has an added excitement to go to work.
Points To Remember While Buying Insulated Construction Gloves
There are a plethora of options for insulating construction gloves in the market. One must consider their requirements while buying gloves.
· Choose According to the Hazard
While choosing a pair of industrial gloves, one must keep in mind the kind of hazards their worksite involve. Some worksites may have a high risk of electrical accidents, some may involve harmful chemicals. Choosing the right material for your needs is essential.
· The Right Fit
A worker needs to wear gloves the entire day. So, comfort is very important. The gloves should not be too loose to fall out, but at the same time, they should not be too tight to the point of discomfort.
· The Product should not have Any Defects
One must carefully inspect the gloves they are buying. There should not be any wear, tear, or puncture already in the gloves while buying. Insulated construction gloves generally have a high price range. So, do not compromise on the quality.
Insulated construction gloves are a must for most manufacturing and power plant workers. A 6 Mil Black Nitrile Glove adds to the aesthetic appeal along with serving the purpose of protection. Cool and trendy working gloves motivate an employee to go to work. It’s an asset for a blue-collar worker. So, next time you go for buying a pair of gloves for your daily work take your time to choose the right one.